Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Accomplishment

I realize there are many of you out there who are real runners and therefore would find my accomplishment something to laugh at, but for those of us who plod along at a 10 minute per mile pace (maybe 9:30 on a good day), going faster is something to be proud of.  Last night Shawn dragged me on a little 3 mile run that I managed to finish in 24 minutes and 52 seconds!  If my calculations are correct then I ran at just under an 8:20 pace!  That's huge for me.  Granted I could barely breathe, and had to stop to walk in the middle just to catch my breath so I could stay upright, but still, quite an accomplishment for me.  It gives me hope that I may still be able to improve.  Maybe by the time I'm 80, I can win an age group title.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go—I'm just glad that I'm older than you so I have an excuse when you leave me in the dust.

Rachel said...

Honey, I think I'm around the 12-13 minute mile...if I actually trained I could complain about that more. When I ran the Moab 1/2 marathon, I picked one old grandpa I thought I'd be able to beat (yes, I'm a jerk, I just wanted to beat SOMEONE) and as soon as the race started the man left me in his dust within the first two minutes.

Well done you!

Jardinefamily said...

some of us clip along at an even slower pace than a 10 minute mile. That is so awesome. I still think you should complete one more half marathon (April 19th) and then work on the speedy 5K's.

K said...

I'm inspired. I really hate running. But I think about you running and then I feel like it's almost me running.