Monday, March 17, 2008

The Leprechauns Strike Again

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As with past years, we awoke this morning to the fun of a visit from some friendly leprechauns during the night. Fortunately, they weren't too destructive.  They left green shamrocks and stars spread around  the bedrooms and hanging from the ceilings, and hid chocolate coins all around the house. (I was kind of hoping for some real gold, as I have quite a list of projects that need some funding, but oh well.)
The kids spent the morning searching for the coins while munching on shamrock sugar cookies.


(Cookies for breakfast is not a common occurence here -  and I feel a little bad about sending them off to school on a sugar high, but what's the point of a holiday if it isn't different from the rest of the days?) The leprechauns even left a box of Lucky Charms on the front porch! (because we all know St. Patrick's Day isn't complete without some lucky charms - after all, they're magically delicious!)
So, now I need to go and clean up the mess and all of the St. Patrick's Day decorations and get ready for Easter, so that the Easter Bunny will still remember to stop by in a few days. (As if we 
haven't had enough sugar already!)


An Irish Blessing (courtesy of my Aunt Ginny)


May you be blessed always with
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel so nothing will harm you.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmmmm. I decided not to tell my kids about St. Patrick's Day because I didn't want to have to DO anything....