Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Elf Is Back and He Brought Some Serious Magic

As I'm sitting here getting ready to post this, I'm suddenly wondering if I shouldn't in case it makes the magic disappear.  Oh well, I'm hoping for it to last.  "Tis the season after all.
So, Fred showed up on December 1st like he always does.  He's very dependable that way. (There was some serious excitement around here.)  And at bedtime, something amazing happened.  The child who has not been going to bed in his own bed for nearly 6 months, (yes, the one who has chosen to sleep on the wood floor, or any floor that is close to where I am, as opposed to his warm, soft bed,) went down to his bed with no prompting and, get this, stayed there all night!!  And then did it again the next night, and the next!  Fred has managed to do something just with his mere presence that we haven't been able to accomplish with any number of bribes, threats or desperate pleas. 
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Peter made this decision all on his own once Fred was here.  He said something along the lines of, "Fred probably doesn't like us to sleep in other places that aren't our beds."  Nope, buddy, he likes to be able to tell Santa that you are in your bed at night.  Hallelujah!
Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope that the Christmas miracle lasts.
Thank you Fred.  I love you.

No comments: