Monday, September 8, 2014

This KId!

Sometime in the past few months, Peter has developed a) a huge fear of spiders, which, granted, seem to have been in abundance in the basement this summer, and b) an extreme neediness for me, particularly at bedtime.  On the one hand, I'm glad that he loves me and that he needs me, especially because I know that will be gone before too long, but honestly, I can't imagine that sleeping on the hard kitchen floor is comfortable.  He essentially pulls a pillow and blanket to where ever I am at bedtime and settles in to sleep, so he can be near me.  I would never have allowed this with my older kids, but as the youngest, he gets away with quite a bit.  Once he's settled, we generally carry him off to his bed.  Although, some nights, he'll wake up and cry (not daring to get off his bed because of the spiders) and he'll end up on my floor next to my bed.  It's all good as long as he stays out of my bed, I guess.  But still, no floor is as comfortable as his bed!

No comments: