Sunday, September 14, 2014

Movie Night and a Trip to Lagoon

So, I have been waiting for this day to be over since last spring.  Since the moment I agreed to take on the role of PTA president-elect, I have dreaded this day and had more sleepless nights than I can count.  So glad it is over.  The annual PTA fundraiser, made more stressful by the fact, that we were trying something new and different, which is not always received well.  Instead of the usual walk-a-thon and silent auction, which many were tired of, we decided to have a movie night and raffle, supplemented by business classroom sponsors.  I don't know if it was a huge success, but I am so glad it's over (and we have enough money), that I don't really care and never want to think about it again.

And just because the fundraiser wasn't enough to put me over the edge, the next day we joined the YSA ward at Lagoon.  We have never taken our kids to Lagoon.  (I know, judge me, but it just held no appeal.)  However, I will admit, to being pleasantly surprised.  I went expecting to suffer through it, and left thinking, "that was so much fun, we should do it again!"  I think my kids are at good ages for making it work, and we all had a great time.



There were plenty of rides that Peter could go on, and enough of us to split up so everyone could ride the things they wanted to.  In another year, I think he'll be tall enough to do just about all of them.
Shawn and Samantha were in their element. (Seriously, I wonder where she gets her selfie habit?)






So many smiles.  (Even Jonas had fun - and that doesn't always happen.)
These pictures just crack me up.  Jonas is hanging on for dear life so he doesn't slide over and smash Peter.  Not one of my favorite rides, but the kids asked to ride it over and over again.  They were all laughing hysterically at the end of every ride.  Good times.








So Lagoon has moved from "never need to do that" to "when can we go again?"  Everyone is looking forward to the next time, that's for sure.

No comments: