Sunday, August 17, 2014

Marsh Family Bear Lake Trip 2014


Nothing like a Bear Lake sunrise to bring peace to your soul.
The lake and the paddle boards just call to me.

I don't know how it happened, but apparently we were having so much fun that I didn't even pull out my camera until almost the last day of our week long stay at Bear Lake.  My kids were so excited to see their cousins after they spent 7 long months in Europe, that they could hardly stand it.  It was so awesome to have Rich and Sandra and their kids along too.  They haven't been there with us in years!
A little cousin time in the pool.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves.  We are only missing Charlie, Clara and Collin.
Jack was in this picture under duress - in case you can't tell by the death grip Robbie is using to hold him on his shoulders.




Honestly, my kids had so much fun just hanging out with their cousins, I wish we could do it more.








Playing a game of Pigeon.

Robbie spent some time at the beach building a sand castle.

Robbie and Sandra posing with the castle.

Photographic proof that Judy was at the beach.  She hasn't ventured down there in years.

Some of our various watercraft awaiting our arrival.  Yep, we have all sorts of modes of water transportation.
  
On our last full day, we decided to take just the adults out boating. 
Rob managed to pull himself out of the water for a bit.
And it took several tries, but Rich was eventually successful, too.



And even Jake gave it a good hardy try.

Although he met slightly less success.
He moved on to tubes for a short stint.





But eventually gave up after sustaining an injury.
All of us were laughing so hard throughout all of the tubing episodes.   I had a great time driving.  Rich kept taunting me, so I made sure to throw him off a few times.  (He so can't blame me for his chipped tooth.  He was asking for it.)
There were lots of these.  So much laughing.

 
Rich and Shawn were determined to tube standing up.
It didn't always end well.



But eventually, they succeeded.

But not for long.

I think we can call our adult boat trip a success.
Jake and Sandra

Rich and Sandra.
Rob and Michelle.  
See, everyone is smiling.  Bear Lake does that to people.
And as always, our last day pictures.
These two have changed a bit over the years.
Cousins (and one friend).  Rich and Sandra and family didn't stick around for the last day pictures, but this is tradition for us, so we took pictures anyway.  One day I'll have to put them all together and see how everyone changes year to year.




The only way to get them to sit still and pose nicely is to promise a picture with silly faces.
Charming, aren't they?


And from cousins, we move onto family photo fun.



And silly faces.
Can I just say, eewwww? 
Yep, I just got licked.  Gross.










Just can't wait to come back!






No comments: