Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Date With Mom

There are some disadvantages to being the youngest kid - like being toted around to everyone else's practices and games and activities, even when you don't want to go, but there are certainly some advantages, too.  Like when everyone else is at school, and you get to go places all by yourself with Mom.  And you even get to pick the places to go.  So of course, Peter and I ended up at the zoo.
We both love watching the peacocks strut around the place.
I love that he studies the map so carefully, deciding where to go next, even though we typically go in about the same order every time.

Being an egg.
Hiding out in a log.
The giraffes and elephants are always his favorites.  (Although we are both really looking forward to having lions again too.)


The train is still out of commission, but a ride on the carousel usually makes up for that.

And not only did we get to go to the zoo, but we stopped to get an ice cream cone on our way home.  I told him he had to promise not to tell the other kids about the ice cream because they would be mad.  So when Amelia asked him what he did today, he said, "I can't tell you, it's a secret."  Not quite the secrecy I was hoping for.  I was right, she was mad.  Oh well, I guess we'll have to go again and take the other kids with us.

No comments: