Friday, October 26, 2012

Favorite, FAVORITE

If you've followed this blog at all, you would know that Peter has a little thing for Toy Story.  Even after several months, Woody and Buzz are still big players in his life.  He keeps asking me if he can watch his favorite, FAVORITE movie or read his favorite, favorite, FAVORITE book.  (Kind of makes me wonder what just his favorite movie is, because Toy Story is the only thing that qualifies for multiple "favorite" adjectives.

This was the scene at the toy store the other day when I told him we had to leave Slinky behind.
For a child who is usally pretty easy going and responds to most "No's" with an "Otay,  Mom,"  this was a little out of character, which is probably why I found it so funny.
Just watching him bunch up his little fists while screaming that he wants slinky is just so sad and funny at the same time.  (At least now, any Grandmas or cousins who end up drawing his name for Christmas will have a good idea of what he wants.  And by the way, telling him he could ask Santa for it didn't ease the pain at all.)

I'm not quite sure who set up this scene, but I loved finding it when I walked into Peter's room.  I guess since he doesn't sleep in his crib anymore, it makes the prefect prison for Buzz and Woody is all set to come to his rescue.  In fact I think it looks like that was just what he was doing when I walked into the room and he had to drop and freeze - losing his hat in the process.  Come to think of it, the Toy Story movies may be some of my favorites, too.


No comments: