Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ensign Peak

I'm supposed to take all of the 8-11 year olds from my ward on a hike to Ensign Peak on Friday afternoon, so I though it might be a good idea to go try it out before then, since if I've been there before I don't really remember it.
I packed up my hiking buddy and we were off.
(He cracks me up because he asks me to stop and take pictures of him along the way.)
The views of the valley are pretty amazing.  That's the Great Salt Lake.

Proof that we were at the top.  It's not a bad hike for kids.  Pretty short and not too steep,( but enough climbing to feel it in my knees when I'm lugging that big kid on my back.)
Capitol building and downtown.

More views:

Peter wanted to take my picture, too.
I feel a little better now that I know what I'm in for.  I just hope I don't lose anyone over the edge or anything!

No comments: