Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Who Won?

I didn't see one bit of the Oscars, and I don't care. If I see more than maybe 2 movies a year in the theater, it' s some sort of miracle, so there just isn't much there to hold my interest. And as much as I would love to squeeze more movie watching into my life, in reality, I often have netflix or blockbuster movies sitting on the shelf for literally weeks before I actually get around to watching them. I'm more of a reader. If there is spare time to be filled, I will fill it by picking up the nearest book. So, it was fun to find this Oscar winner posted on the reading blog that I frequent. It's the winner of the animated short, and is all about books and the magic and color that books can bring to those who read them. I loved it. (And since it is only 15 minutes, I even managed to sit and watch it all the way through.) So now I can pat myself on the back for having seen one of this year's Oscar winners. (Phew, check that one off the list.)

I also thought MacEvoy did a fantastic job of casting actors as different authors. If you enjoy the game of _________would make an excellent _________ in a movie, then you might enjoy this post as well.

Happy reading (or movie watching) to all!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm going to have to watch that short - sounds fabulous. The main reason why our whole family watched the oscars was because of "Hugo" - if you haven't taken your kids (Peter probably would get bored - it gets long - therefore, didn't win for "editing" ;-) - but it's pure magic, a visceral experience you won't forget. We loved it!!