Tuesday, January 31, 2012

For the Readers


I know there are only a handful of you who actually read this blog, but for those of you who do and who also like to read, I have a blog link to share with you.
Admittedly, I have not been as diverse in my reading as I would like to be. I spend a lot of time reading young adult fiction in an attempt to keep track of what my older kids are reading. And a lot of time reading easy, fun reads that don't require too much thinking on my part, books that are mostly for entertainment. However, I am well aware of how many other good books and authors I am missing out on. There are lots of classics that I want to read or reread. I do try to squeeze one in every once in a while. I'm having a lot of fun reading this blog and learning a few things about different authors, and types of books. Plus getting a lot of suggestions to put on my reading list. (Man, that list is just endless. There are not enough hours in the day, or days in the lifetime, but I still keep collecting book ideas.)
Just stop in and take a look around. It really is interesting, and entertaining. I happen to know one of the blog authors pretty well. He's got lots of good things to say, as do his two friends who also write for the blog.

So check it out: Improve yourself, improve your shelf, as the blog says.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks, I will check it out. Also, love all the instruments. I didn't grow up with any and the piano and ukulele seem like a lot to keep on top of practicing right now. But when I think of your photo, I'll feel more motivated!!

Melissa said...

Rachelle - The reading blog is actually written by my brother Rich and 2 of his friends. And believe me, we barely stay on top of practicing the primary instruments as well. The secondary ones are just for fun and on their own time as far as practicing. (They play them at school.)

MacEvoy DeMarest said...

Thanks for the mention, Meliss'.

I would return the favor and send our readers over here to learn about your kids, but... that would be kind of creepy.