Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Reading Stats

After begging Jonas to keep track of his reading (just so I wouldn't continue to get him books he had already read - and by the way - to no avail. He just refused to write them down.) And after realizing, some way into a handful of books that I had, in fact, also already read them, I decided to write down all the books I read in 2011. I didn't set out with any specific goal, but as I got later into the year, I started considering the possibility of 100. If it hadn't been for the craziness of the Christmas season, I might have made it, too. Oh well. I'm sure if I were to count my started but not completed books, I would have been over my goal. Maybe next year - or maybe not. (It's possible that I put a little more time into reading than I should have in pursuit of this goal. Some other things may have suffered a little. But let's not dwell on that.)
So here are the stats:

96 books completed
28,264 pages
avg. 78.4 pages/day

(That last one is an interesting number to consider. This is not at all how it happened. There were days with well over that number and many days with none at all, but that's how it averaged out.)

Like I said, I have no particular plans to read a certain number of books as of yet, but I will continue to keep track of them just for fun. (And to avoid unknowingly reading books I've already read.) And maybe I'll get around to actually posting my books on Good Reads, but then again, maybe not. I am the worst kind of Good Reads participant. I probably get the majority of my book recommendations from my friends on Good Reads, but NEVER put mine on there. Maybe that should be a goal. I'll think about it. As for now, I'll just continue reading.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I vote for tracking your books on Goodreads! Obviously you are writing them down anyway, why not give us the benefit of seeing your recommendations?