Friday, June 17, 2011

Wow. Just Wow.

The photos from this post were taken just earlier today. Here's a little reminder.After Shawn got home from work, I went out for a little alone time - mostly to escape the chaos in my head from the huge mess downstairs. (Really, it was best for all involved that I went away for a little while.) When I came home, this is what I found.
That's right, the exercise room is clean and fully functional once again! I was shocked and amazed. (And very happy.) Clearly Shawn had a plan because all of the "stuff" is now packed and organized in bins and stored away for a future date. Hallelujah! Our bikes even have a place to live! Really, this is huge. Our bikes have always been kept in the house. During the warm weather, they are generally leaning against the railing in the entryway or against the shelves in the den. (Read: always in the way.) Now they are hung out of the way but still safely indoors. Ahhh.
I am so excited to have some open space again. It does my brain good.
Even all of the pictures on the bar are put away. I have no idea how he got it all done, but I am so glad he did.
I think I even spotted the couch while I was down there. He tells me he's not going to bed until the whole basement is finished and clean, even if he has to stay up all night. I'm going to go and see if I can convince him that he should rethink that plan. It'll take all week for him to recover from that. It seems that I may not have to spend my entire summer living as a hoarder. I have a much better outlook on life now.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

WOW! That was an amazing amount of "stuff". I'm with you, it's hard enough to get think with five little ones around, ESPECIALLY with any amount of chaos or mess. SO glad for you it's looking better. Tyler left today for Bulgaria and so our summer solstice party isn't happening either...bummer! Have a great week, we too are spending LOTS of time at the swim team.

Rachel said...

Send him to my house please.

Julie said...

Wow - what a guy - your pics have given me the incentive that it CAN be done - my basement is a disaster and I don't even know where to begin - your pics have given me hope!