Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sometimes, You Just Can't Win

Have you ever had a flood (or 2) in your basement, and finally, finally, after an entire year, you get the carpet in and the flooring replaced and you stay up until 2 in the morning one weekend to get everything put in place and back together and you have a big sigh of relief to think you can now move onto other things? And then, a couple of days later you go down to your newly organized and remodeled storage room for something and step in water? And then you say, "That's awesome!", but in a sarcastic, "that is so NOT awesome" way. Yeah, that happened to us, too. So, once again, we've filled up the exercise room with boxes and stuff while we dry up the most recent flood. I wanted to cry, but I chose to laugh instead because at least this time it was clean water and not the sewer main like before. (And we are learning to store everything in plastic containers.) The damage was minimal - except to our psyches. We're ready to move on and up. It is summer solstice after all, and that is one of the best days of the year. Hours and hours of sunshine! Since there is no party scheduled, I think we'll pull out the fire pit and enjoy making s'mores this evening and bask in the daylight for as long as it lasts.

Happy Summer Solstice to all!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

No WAY! I'm glad you can laugh.

Rachelle said...

Melissa, I am SO sorry!! Way to smile and keep your chin up. That's inspirational!!! Have a great June 21st!!

Marti said...

Ugh!! I felt the same way...at least it's clean water. I SO know. And, really, that IS such a relief. Happy Summer!!

Rachel said...

No. You have got to be kidding me. My heart just fell into my stomach as I read that. I admire you - I would have buried myself in chocolate by now.