Friday, June 3, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

That's right, school is out for the summer! This is how we all feel about it.We feel like celebrating.
Some of us find the whole school thing to be exhausting. (Perhaps I need to be more careful about passing my attitude onto my kids?)
I have nothing but good things to say about all of my children's teachers. Really.

Jonas and his 6th grade teacher, Mrs. White. His class had so many fabulous, hands on-type field trips. She did a great job of having them stretch and think outside the box, and they focused a lot on being more energy efficient.
Samantha with her spanish teacher, Sra. Lowe. She has come so far this year in writing and speaking Spanish. Samantha says she is awesome and she loved all of her funny stories about being in the military.
Samantha with her other teacher, Mrs. Glade. Samantha loved her, too. (She especially liked all of the treats that were used for motivation.) She's telling me, "I really liked her!"
And Amelia had two of the sweetest first grade teachers. Here she is with Mrs. McGavin. (I don't know a first grader that hasn't loved her!) Amelia thinks she is the best!
And here she is with her spanish teacher, Sra. Foulke. Amelia also thinks she was the best. Anyone who is willing to take a class full of first graders who don't know any spanish and try to teach them when they don't understand a word she is saying, is worthy of great praise. Both her teachers are wonderful.
(In case you weren't keeping track, yes, that's a total of 7 teachers for my 4 school aged children. Finding teacher gifts can be a little overwhelming.)

Bring on the sun, we are ready to play!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yep, it really is the best day of the year :-).