Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Ever Happen To You?

So this morning, I woke up with a terrible headache - that wouldn't go away. Didn't really want to go to church or fight the battle of getting everyone ready, but what could I do? Thought I'd go to sacrament meeting and then maybe go home. Finally got everyone ready and into the car, running a little late. First attempt at parking, slide past. Get parked. Go running, sliding into church. (By the way, I am never late, but today I was.) In the hall, run into one of the Relief Society Presidency who asks if I'm all set? Huh? No, that's next week. I teach on the 3rd Sunday. Apparently, they changed the schedule. I missed Relief Society last week and didn't get the calendar. Seriously, this is one of my worst nightmares. Kind of felt like I imagine it would feel to walk into a class and find out that there is a test and I didn't know. I HATE being unprepared for things. Some people, handle this sort of thing well. I do not. So much for going home. I didn't even have my manual. Borrowed a manual, read during Sunday School and taught the lesson. I survived, hope I never have to do it again. I guess the good news is that I won't have to stress about my lesson all week.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a nightmare come true. Glad you survived.

Rachel said...

Oh how sucky. I'm sorry! I'm glad at least that RS wasn't 1st...and now it's over!

Erica said...

I think this has happened to me before, but only in my dreams. I guess it could have been worse- finding out in Relief Society. That would be bad.

KimberlyD said...

Wow, I am sorry!

Thierry said...

Well, does it help to hear that your lesson was really good?! (At least the parts I was able to hear) :) I never would have guessed that you weren't completely prepared!