Tuesday, October 6, 2009

St. George

We enjoyed the break from school for UEA by going to St. George for the weekend.  The weather was warm and beautiful.  We decided to take the kids to see Annie at Tuacahn.  There was a bit of grumbling from the boys and husbands (Shawn couldn't believe we got tickets to Annie instead of Footloose), but my girls love the movie and I think everyone ended up enjoying it.  (If nothing else, Jonas liked watching the bats fly around, and I did see him smiling and laughing at some parts.)You can just see my future thespians here, can't you?
The kids were excited to meet some of the actors after the show (although Amelia and Megan wanted nothing to do with Miss Hannigan.  Who can blame them?  They live with me after all.)
Another favorite part of St.  George is Grandma's big jetted tub.  We decided to see how many kids could fit in there.  It turns out that 5 girls can fit somewhat uncomfortably.
And you can throw in a small baby for good measure.
As always, it was hard to leave and come back to the cold and real life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some very cute pictures, and I love the Miss Hannigan thing. Yes, kids with tired mommies don't like Miss Hannigan, do they? Too close to home? I have seen Footloose and it's pretty fun, though maybe Annie is a bit more kid-friendly... sounds really fun!

Tom said...

Looks like a great time. Did you score some Annie wigs? Daddy Warbucks caps?

The Burts said...

I am finally catching up on some blog reading. I love your updates. You have been up to some fun things. I love the bath pictures. What fun memories!