Tuesday, October 6, 2009

6 Months Old

I can't believe that my baby is already 6 months old.  I already miss my sweet, cuddly newborn, but I can't complain.  This is one happy kid!  He is always so pleasant and smiley - he is definitely good for me.  It's hard to be grumpy when this little face is smiling and cooing at you.I think all of my other kids were sitting up on their own at this point, but Peter has so many people taking care of him, that he is seldom left alone or put down long enough to practice his skills.  I guess we better start working on that.

Measurements:  14.15 lbs (4 %)
                              26.65 inches (60%)
The doctor thinks he needs to eat more - which clearly is true since his percentages keep dropping, so along with turning 6 months, comes the dreaded phase of baby food.  Honestly, I just hate this phase, it is always so messy and requires prep work, which nursing does not.
Unfortunately, we have let Peter taste ice cream a few times (which he absolutely loves, by the way.  He always grabs and growls for more - don't tell my pediatrician.) Apparently, rice cereal just doesn't compare.  He doesn't think its all that great - as seen here with the gag.
I guess I'll just have to sweeten it up with some fruit or sneak it in between bites of ice-cream.  I'm just hoping it will help him sleep at night a little better.
Happy half birthday, Peter!

1 comment:

Marti said...

Ice cream!?! My mom is always trying to sneak ice cream to the babies in our family.
Such a cute kid. Such a fun age. But you are right-'real' food is the NOT fun part.