Monday, October 5, 2009

A Miraculous Transformation

This is how Jonas' hair has looked for some time now.  It was at the point, after a summer of swimming, that he couldn't really even comb it.  It is so thick that it is a struggle anyway to get a comb through it.  I finally insisted that he needed to get it at least trimmed before school and or birthday pictures - just so it would be out of his eyes.He complained and moaned as always, but Shawn took him in while I went off to Women's conference.  When I came home, I asked Shawn how the hair cut went, and he said, "They trimmed a little off."  Imagine my surprise when Jonas walked in and this is what I saw.
I forget how much a haircut can change his look.  I love it short but I also love it long (as long as he actually combs it.)  I'm guessing that he'll just let it keep growing until I insist on a trim again.  And I'm OK with that, as long as I get to see his whole face every once in a while.  
At the haircut place, when they were signing in, I guess the receptionist asked who needed a haircut and Shawn said "Jonas".  She then looked up and said, "You mean chia-head over there?"  That seemed like an appropriate description and who knows, it may have even convinced Jonas it really was time for a cut.

1 comment:

Keersten said...

He looks like a completely different boy! I am not sure which I like better though. There is something trademark-ish about that long hair. :D