Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How I Spend My Time

My sister-in-law Michelle keeps a running tally of laundry loads on her blog.  I thought it might be interesting to keep track of a few of the things that make up a very large part of my daily life (and thus prevent me from spending much time doing the things I really want to do such as reading.) Anyhow, this is how things turned out for the entire month of March.

Loads of laundry:  65

Dishwasher loads:  29

Diaper changes:  91

Sixty-five loads of laundry in 31 days including all of the sorting, folding and putting away that goes along with it!  (No wonder I'm tired.)  I think I saved myself a couple of dish loads by traveling and having a Sunday dinner at my Mom's, because in general the dishwasher has to be run everyday.  I'm not entirely sure if the diaper count is accurate.  That was the hardest thing for me to keep track of because I just didn't remember to mark it down everytime I changed a diaper.  Now I just need to figure out a way to cut back on all that laundry...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Now I wish I had kept my monthly totals separate, so we could compare. I'm guessing that I did more laundry, about the same loads of dishes and not quite as many diapers. I also didn't track my reading minutes, but I'm guessing the ratio is pretty low, especially compared to the daily maintenance jobs. :(

K said...

Oh! I hope Rob doesn't read this. I have do the laundry and dishes. Now I feel guilty. You and Michelle are the best...I'm going to go do some laundry today.
Lucky for us we also have Lindsay who has become quite the laundry doer. I figure if I leave it undone long enough someone else will do it, and she has really joined in the cause of having clean shirts and underware.