Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Race Done

I have been extremely negligent in my posting lately.  I just don't know where all my time goes.  Anyway, on Saturday, I completed the Salt Lake half marathon with Shawn and my friends Becky and Charisse.  So that's two down and two to go - at least of races I am committed to at this point.  The race went pretty well - with Shawn dragging me along.  Without his help, I would not have been able to go as fast.  (Fast, of course, being a relative term here.)  My time was about 8 minutes faster than Moab and about 11 minutes faster than last year's Salt Lake half, so it's good to know I am still improving.  But that downhill course made me so sore.  
I am blaming the race on my forgetting to call my brother Dan on his birthday.  It's not really a good excuse, but after getting up really early and running and then being wiped out for the rest of the day, it just got away from me.  So Happy Birthday Dan (and Lisa, since I clearly am in a trend of forgetting to call on birthdays.)  And also Happy Birthday to Matej yesterday.  (I think I'm all caught up now.) 
Well, since there is no rest for the weary, there is no time to sit around, I have to get on my bike since the St. George triathlon is only 31/2 weeks away!  (Oh, man!  I thought I had at least one more week!)  Cross your fingers for me that the weather will warm up enough for me to ride outside. 
At some point, I will have to pull out the camera and catch you up on the rest of our doings.  No telling when I'll get around to that though, so don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What can I say, Meliss, you're the woman. I love the St. George slideshow, by the way!

K said...

Another race WELL-done. I wish I had some of your motivation. Rob informed me yesterday at 5:00 that they would be starting the demolition on the house today...I was up until the wee hours trying to finish moving out. That's my excuse for not running. My life makes me way too tired. My other excuse is that skaing is faster and low-impact.