Friday, June 6, 2014

Mount Olympus and Grandeur Peak

Since I am just not loving road running right now, I have spent a lot of time hiking instead.  At least once or twice a week, while I drop the girls off at track, I hit the Mount Olympus trail head and just go as far as I can before I have to get back to pick them up.  I've been loving it.  The views are fantastic and I love the solitude.

Shawn was taking some of his staff hiking, so I asked if I could tag along.  Grandeur Peak was the destination.  It was really hot.  I definitely voted for an early morning hike next time instead of late afternoon.  And I tried not to be too spooked about rattlesnakes since I had run into one on the trail just the day before.  The views didn't disappoint, though.
This is my "why are you taking a picture of me?" face.






After forever, everyone finally made it to the top, hot, dusty, thirsty and tired.  (Systems had gone down in the office while we were hiking, that's why Thomas is on the phone - trying to fix it.  It was the first place there was a signal, so phone calls were coming in from employees once we were at the top.)

And another view.

I love that I live so close to all of these great trails.  I'm definitely happier if I spend a little time int he mountains every once in a while.

No comments: