Friday, January 17, 2014

Random January

Another compilation of unrelated pictures.  
First, my younger brother Jake's birthday celebration at El Farol's because that's where all big family celebrations happen in my family.
I'm sure the restaurant loves it when we show up.  This day we had a party of 22 I think.  No one wants to miss out on Jake's big day.
We don't even make him sit at the kids table anymore.  And how lucky was he to get to wear the sombrero and get fried ice cream?  Plus, they sang to him.  And he shared his ice cream.  Happy birthday Jake!

The look-a-likes.
Another random Toy Story guy sighting.  Always new and unexpected.  We hope the rubber chicken pulls through.
Even though there are happy faces here, there have been lots of tears surrounding this day.  My kids had to say good bye to their cousins for the next 7 months as they head off on a fantastic adventure in Europe.  These girls especially are going to miss their cousins.  We hope they have a fantastic time, but saying good bye has been hard.

And out of the blue, this lovely gift arrived at my house.  It was such a nice surprise.  It is always nice to get thanks and acknowledgement from people and even better when it tastes good, too.  Shawn is awesome and I felt loved and appreciated.

No comments: