Friday, November 15, 2013

Random Fall Happenings

Or at least random pictures that were taken that belong in no particular category.

This was a picture that Shawn texted me after I left the house with Peter crying and begging me not to go.  It broke my heart to see him just sobbing on the front porch.
This is the exercise routine that Amelia wrote up (with a much needed "no smoking" reminder.)  In case you need a translation: 5 push ups, 5 sit ups, 5 burpees, 10 crunches, jog 1 mile and my personal favorite - ab strongers.  Not sure what those are, but I'd like to see how they work.

Jonas showing off his fantastic swim-mullet.  Seriously, just need to get that mop of hair contained somehow.

This was Peter's doing.  While eating a tortilla one night he had the revelation that he could make a Mr. Tortilla Head - just like in Toy Story 3.  I'm glad he asked to take a picture.  He's a funny kid.

We refer to these chick-fil-a cows as "Dad's cows" because this billboard is right outside Shawn's office window.  He knew the kids would be excited to see they had been dressed for Christmas, so he sent us this picture.

A fine sampling of Olympus Aquatics caps.

Shawn occasionally texts us pictures of himself from downstairs on the  bike trainer or treadmill.  They're always a nice surprise.
Or from other random places...
Sometimes I think these guys have way too much fun taking selfies.  I'm not sure that I've got any of me on my phone.

This looks about right for a Saturday afternoon.  (Amelia must be the photographer.)

Displays of loyalty.  (I'm sure that this involved clean up of glitter from all over the place.)
Samantha will hate me forever for posting this picture of her, but the kids did spend an afternoon painting little pumpkins, and this is her Harry Potter version.  (That obsession has never completely gone away.)

Notice anything wrong with my fuel gauge?  Yeah, not very helpful information.

I love my sleeping kids.  I just don't always love finding them sleeping in my bed.

One of the coolest sunsets I have seen.  I was walking out of Target and so wished I had my real camera with me.  It was absolutely amazing.

Duffy was with me and didn't want to be left out of the camera action.


None of my kids were happy to go in for their flu shots.  Actually they weren't even shots. It was a nasal spray.  Notice anyone missing?  Oh, that's right.  Samantha.  She is literally cowering under the chairs trying to avoid a shot.  Yes, folks, she is 12 and it takes me and a couple of nurses every time she has to get a shot.  Fun times, I tell ya.

A couple of my musicians hard at work on their instruments in the current music room.

And that is about as random as you can get!

No comments: