Sunday, September 15, 2013

YSA Camping Trip!

 We were lucky enough to get to go camping with the young single adults at Jordanelle.  It had been pouring rain all day and there was some talk of canceling. I certainly didn't want to camp with all of my kids in the rain and mud, but we decided to go ahead anyway, and the rain stopped just after we got there.
It was a little bit cool but we kept warm by the fire.

As did everyone else.
We popped popcorn and roasted marshmallows.
It gets pretty dark when you get away from all the city lights.
All night manuvering away from the fire required headlamps.
Peter thought it was awesome.

And served as my own personal little heater.  It's been a long time since he has fallen asleep in my lap.  No complaints from me.  I loved it.

Some of the YSA's even ventured a little ways from the fire to play games.
Shawn all cuddled up in his sleeping bag.
Some of the camp site.
Believe it or not, despite the chilly temperatures, many of the YSA's decided to brave the water and go boating Saturday morning.  Saturday night we wrapped up the event by attending stake conference where Shawn may or may not have been taking illicit photos.


No comments: