Saturday, July 14, 2012

Echo Triathlon

Shawn always likes to have goals and some races out on the horizon to keep him going.  This was the next in line after the Boise 1/2 Ironman and Ragnar.  I considered doing it with him, but for that to happen I would have had to do some swimming.  That just hasn't fit into my schedule this year, so I opted to go as a spectator instead.

They have drained a significant portion of the reservoir to do some work on the dam, so there was quite a climb to get from the water to the transition area, and the water was pretty muddy.  I think "thick" is the word.

A few photos of Shawn setting up in the transition area.  He's so serious about it.  He must not have known I was taking pictures since he didn't even crack a smile - despite the fact that he does this for fun.


In the water getting ready to swim.  The conditions were much nicer than in Boise.  In fact Shawn said he was too hot in his wetsuit.

And they're off!
He was number 3 out of the water in his age group.  Not bad.
Of course the camera was full when I went to snap photos of the bike to run transition so I missed getting a picture while I was busy trying to delete unnecessary photos.  Ugh.
I had it all worked out by the time he left for his run.  He looked pretty happy at that point.
And here he is coming in to the finish.
Whoa.  Forgot I was still zoomed out on this one.
And one of the best parts, was the post race massage.
He ended up finishing 5th over all and decided he needs to run more since that was where he lost the 2 spots.  A fun race.  Maybe I'll do it next year - or maybe not.

No comments: