Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May Madness

I was just looking at recent photos and realized that I am missing several spring events.  I'm hoping to find them on Shawn's phone and add them.
Since late April, we have had ballet recitals, a harp recital, 3 weekends of waterpolo state championship tournaments, (and several regular games leading up to them), a band concert, 2 orchestra concerts, multiple large, end-of-year school projects, school dance performances and Art Night, training for Little Red Riding Hood bike ride, training for a Half Iron Man (Shawn, not me) and Ragnar training, started swim team workouts, plus started kids on piano lessons again.  It's no wonder that May rivals only December in it's busy-ness (and I'm not entirely sure that December wins out.)  Maybe this explains why I haven't found time to blog.

On May 10, William Penn had their Art Night.  All of the kids had art displayed around the school, each class danced, and the kids got punch cards to be able to participate in different activities.

The kindergartners were first for performing.  They did the Mexican Hat Dance.




A little bit later, we watched Amelia perform with the second graders.  Hers was a dutch dance or something that I couldn't even pronounce, let alone remember the name of.


Samantha danced, too, but I think at that point I had had to give Peter my phone to get him to sit still and be quiet, so I didn't have a chance to take pictures.  (Sorry Manthie.)

The little girls couldn't wait to get their faces painted even though the wait in line was at least 45 minutes!
Duffy was one of the last ones before they sent everyone away.  We lucked out on that or there could have been tears all night.
And now we are definitely in the countdown.  Only 4 school days left and 9 days total!!!
There have been lots of field trips for the girls, locker clean-outs, bringing home gym clothes, and returning all textbooks for Jonas. (I keep wondering what they are going to be doing everyday.)  And slowly, we are being buried by all of the papers and things that have been hiding in lockers and desks all year that now need to find a new home.  Not my favorite part of the end of year madness, but if it means summer is almost here, I'll take it!
I can't wait !

No comments: