Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life is Good!

Last night we went to a Court of Honor where Jonas received several merit badges he has worked on over the summer,and where he also received his rank advancement to Life Scout. (Very carefully trying not to poke me with the pin.) It's nice that they give me a pin, (for all of the nagging I have done,) but having good scout leaders is a big help, too. And we have definitely had good scout leaders.
I don't know about you, but I think becoming a Life scout 1 week after your 13th birthday is pretty cool.
Now we just have to wrap up a couple of merit badges and start on an Eagle project. At this rate we could have this scouting thing wrapped up in just a few months. (Well, until we start the whole thing over again in 5 1/2 years when Peter becomes a cubscout.) I hope he can keep the momentum going for just a little longer.
Life is good because of this little face, too.
And you know what else, when I came home from my run this morning, (also a good thing to get that exercise stuff finished up early) Shawn had dinner going in the crock pot. How cool is that? Yep, he rocks. And it smells soooo good.

Life is good.

No comments: