Thursday, July 16, 2009

Revolving Door


I had one of those nights where I feel like a revolving door. Get baby to sleep. Lay down, baby wakes up. Repeat 2 more times. Finally doze off myself and the dog barks to go out. Get up and let him out. Back to bed. Child # 2 has a coughing fit. Check on her. Back to bed. Child #3 starts crying because she's scared. Get her back to sleep and go back to bed. Dog barks to come in. Finally get back to sleep. Child #3 starts crying again because her leg hurts. Rub her leg until she is asleep again. Back to bed. Dog barks to go out. Back to bed. Child #4 starts fussing. Check on her. She is still asleep - but obviously I am not. At this point I'm thinking it's got to be morning because this has been going on so long, But no such luck. Dog barks to come in. Baby wakes up. Get him back to bed. Dog wants in and out and food. I've been in and out of bed and spun around so many times I don't know whether I'm coming or going anymore. All kids finally settled but give up on the dog since he doesn't respond to any of my threats of "If you keep barking and wake up (fill in any child's name here)..... Am up feeding the baby when someone knocks on the door. Completely forgot about Jonas' early morning piano lesson! Stumble to the door. Go get a very cranky Jonas out of bed for his lesson. Oh I am tired. And did I mention that my dishwasher is broken?

5 comments:

Marti said...

OH! For a second I thought I was reading about MY life! No...I don't think I have it half as bad-but I can relate for sure.

Keersten said...

Oh that is so miserable! You are certainly a super mom and I vote you get a momcation soon!

Thierry said...

The joys of motherhood! You've got me beat by three kids and one dog so I'll stop feeling bad for myself. :)

KimberlyD said...

Wow! That is all I can say.

Rachel said...

Well, that sounds CRAPPY. I have nothing else to say except good job finding a revolving door picture to go with your post.