Monday, April 6, 2009

Major Accomplishments for the Week



Major accomplishment #1:

I had a baby.
He is beautiful and healthy and I am glad to be done with the process of getting him here.

This is Peter.



It is sad that my sister-in-law managed to post pictures of my baby before I did.  I imagine that is how things will always go with this poor 5th child.  He doesn't lack for love or mothering though, thanks to all of his older siblings.


Major accomplishment #2:
Perhaps less physically taxing but definitely more time consuming, I washed and folded a week's worth of laundry today.  This is about 15 vertical feet of laundry all on my bed waiting to be put away.  (This accomplishment was much less rewarding, by the way.)


If I plan to sleep here tonight, I've got to go and put this all away.  Too bad that didn't get done yet - that would have been 3 major accomplishments in one week - pretty amazing around here.  I'm pretty tired, maybe I'll just sleep on the couch....

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Both of these accomplishments are making me tired just reading about them. I think this post qualifies as a third major accomplishment.

K said...

Oh! I love Peter. He's beautiful. When can I meet him?

The Burts said...

Oh Melissa! Let me come help with laundry. I think this picture of laundry just might help the Burts decision of the number of kids they want to be on the lower end if we want to avoid boatloads of laundry. However, you and Shawn will be blessed with Free Assisted Living at an old age with 5 children whereas we will be probably fending for ourselves.

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

Nice work Stringhams - welcome Peter :) Congrats on the laundry. blech.

cfg said...

Congratualtions, Stringhams. Are you the melissa Stringham who posts on Tamn's blog? You do realize that Mhana is Emily, don't you?
Coming back to Eugene any time soon? carolyn

Mindy said...

Congratulations! Spiff didn't mention that you guys were expecting another baby. Peter is beautiful, as are all of your kids.