Thursday, December 11, 2008

Meet Fred



Fred is the newest addition to our family. He is our family's head elf. He joined us on December 1st and plans to stay until Santa comes. Although we have several elves watching us all the time, Fred is the only one who willing shows himself. We are allowed to talk to Fred, but we can't touch him or his magic might leave. He uses his magic every night to go and visit Santa and give him the daily report on everyone's behavior. He lets Santa know which of us ended up with nice stars and which of us ended up with naughty stars at the end of each day. And he can keep Santa updated on the latest additions to our wish lists. (A very nice bonus for those of us who just can't make up their minds about what we want most of all.) The most fun thing about Fred is that every morning when he returns to our house, he is in a different place. We all try to be the first one to spot him each morning. Amazingly, he even followed us to Chicago and back again with out missing a day!

2 comments:

The Burts said...

What a great idea! I love it. This reminds me of my childhood, but my memory of elves is a little scarier. My mom convinced me that there were "real elves" in the walls of our home. I always thought someone was watching me. Going to the bathroom became difficult at times.

Rachel said...

THAT is very cute. I'll see if I have enough brain power to remember that until next year. Not likely.