Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of School

Oh, I've been dreading this day since school got out in June and it just came way too fast.  After a short 10 weeks, it's the first day of school again.
Jonas is staring 9th grade this fall - and you can tell how he feels about it.  (I made him come back for more pictures.)

Samantha is heading off to junior high as a "sevie."
I think she and Jonas will have a lot of fun being at school together.  That hasn't happened since 2nd grade and kindergarten for these two.

I  imagine there will be all sorts of poking and annoying one another in the halls.
Here's the repeat version of Jonas.
Amelia will be a 4th grader this year.



And my little Duffy is headed off to 2nd grade.

These were the surprise photos I found on the camera.  Proof that everyone got all of their practicing and stuff done before school.  (I don't hold out much hope that it will happen again, though.)


The junior high kids bid us farewell at the door, but Peter and I walked the little girls to school to say good bye.  We will be so lonely.


At the end of the day, we all enjoyed a little time on the front porch.  (So glad we built that this spring!)
Shawn practiced his old man "Get Off My Lawn!" face, too.
Survived day 1, 100 and 70 something to go...

No comments: