Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Father's Day wasn't quite the holiday that it should have been, since we had just gotten back from Ragnar the night before, (And were exhausted) and both Shawn and I had meetings for church in the morning.  We had to squeeze in the celebrating between the end of afternoon church and before heading off to a family gathering that evening. (At least with that, I was able to see my own Dad and Grandfather, too.) We did at least get some crumb cake made for breakfast before he had to leave.
I had managed to take care of gifts before we left.  I think he was surprised by his new tennis racquet and pretty excited to use it, too.
H opened some gifts from the kids.  Samantha gave him a self portrait that she had painted.  (I guess I missed a picture of that.)

And Amelia gave him a collection of things from around the house that had us all laughing.
Amelia "blanket face".  I so wish I could detach that thing from her.  I keep thinking she will outgrow it, but no luck so far.
These came a couple of days late, but Shawn was still able to enjoy them.

A picture of a great Dad and his kids.  So glad to have Shawn in my life and as a father to our kids.  (This was the best photo we could get.  It counts just because everyone is actually looking at the camera.  As always, half the kids have already changed, and I didn't notice the chocolate on Samantha's teeth until after the fact.)


But really, this is the more realistic photo.  When Dad's home, it's all about having fun! 
Happy Father's Day to the great Fathers in my life!

No comments: